Tuesday, April 3, 2012

TWD- Pizza Rustica

I know one of the first rules of cooking and baking is to read the recipe all the way through. I read this recipe through a few times so I knew what ingredients, how to make the dough, and how long it would take to prepare. I decided to make this for dinner tonight. I made the crust this afternoon and left it in the fridge for a few hours. 
We eat at 5pm so I thought I'd just start this at 4:20 or so because it bakes for around 30 minutes.
How did I miss that you're supposed to cool it completely before serving? We ended up just eating it hot. And a little runny.
This is an interesting dish- a sweet crust filled with a ricotta cheese, eggs, cheese, and prosciutto (my fave). The crust isn't subtlety sweet, my daughter thought it tasted like cookies and left out eating the filling. :) Both my husband and I really liked this. My kids, not so much.
Margaret and Jessica will have the recipe!

7 comments:

  1. Funny your daughter thought the crust tasted like cookies! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pizza looks great. I think this is a dish that appeals to adults more than kids, although one of my teenagers enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for visiting my blog, I love the way your pizza rustica is and all of your cakes, you have a new follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pizza looks great! I'm glad it was a hit for you and the husband.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks perfect. I think your daughter is right about the cookie taste. It just doesn't seem to be a kid-friendly dish as a whole. Who wants to make kid friendly things all the time though? I didn't see the cool completely thing until I was making it for dinner either. It was still warm when we ate it. oops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kid wouldn't want cookies for dinner :-)
    Looks good!

    ReplyDelete